Sunday 29 October 2017

Lets pledge to do better be better Sports Coaches

For a sustained period of time now, I have noticed that the standards of Sports Coaches and the way in which Sports Coaches engage there players/athletes and others in the game is slipping. I have seen a growing trend particularly within the Junior Sport's Coaching ranks where it's become more about winning and less about what it should be about which I believe is about giving everyone young person not matter their skill all ability the opportunity to succeed and have fun. I have also noticed that there appears to be a disconnect and that Sport's Coaches are struggling to engage with their player/athletes in particular in the area of mental health and well-being.

Now on the second point this I believe requires a change to how we train Sport's Coaches to many sporting bodies simple teach through accreditation and there courses, how to play the sport, they don't teach coaches how to engage, and also how to act and conduct themselves as coaches. This short fall must and need to be addressed and addressed quickly. So where do we start, well I believe it starts with us as Coaches we must pledge to do better and bet better as Coaches, we must raise the bar and demand higher standards.

Today I am launching a campaign calling on all Sports Coaches out there in Australia and across the world to join me in taking the #SportsCoachesPledge .

Step 1: Download the jpeg of the #SportsCoachesPledge below-

Step 2: Post the Pledge to your facebook, twitter, instagram or combinations of all these, with this post-

I've taken the #SportsCoachesPledge to do better and be better in my coaching, and I call on my friends in the sports coaching community to join me, <tag five sports coaching friends names here>

Step 3: Post to your facebook, twitter, instagram or combinations of all these, this poster-




Thats it a very simple campaign to do better and be better as Sports Coaches.

I also want this Pledge to become something the grows and evolves over time and gets added to by other Sports Coaches, therefore I welcome you to add your own commitments to the Pledge as it goes world-wide.

So lets together pledge to do better, bet better as Sports Coaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment