Saturday 23 September 2017

Urge all to read: Mandurah Mail Story Link

I don't often do this on my blog but I thought this article was relevant and I wanted to share it with you.

http://www.mandurahmail.com.au/story/4943707/this-is-not-the-olympics-the-cut-throat-nature-of-modern-kids-sport/?cs=7

I believe as a Sports Coach I have a responsibility to up hold the Spirit of Sport and show the values of -

Honesty
Integrity
Passion
Professionalism
Equality & Diversity
Compassion

An also as sense of fair play and morality.

This article hear highlight for me a worrying trend I am seeing in junior sports today and a worrying trend I am seeing with Junior sports coaches where they are forgetting that there role as Junior sports coaches is to be about at the heart of it development, winning is secondary. We as sports coaches should be empowering our players both on and off the sporting field, we should be up lifting them and showing and allowing them to have fun. We shouldn't be doing things like what is referred to in this article because that is just driving young people away from sport.

I welcome thoughts and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment