Thursday 27 April 2017

18 Years what a journey so far

Well this Sunday, when I step out to Coach the Capel Ladies South West League hockey game, it will mark exactly 18 years to the day since I stepped out to coach my first competitive game of hockey. Its hard to believe it has been 18 years, how time has gone by so fast, in that time I have had the great honour of coaching some brilliantly talented and gifted hockey players, along with some fantastic teams. So I thought on the eve of 18 year anniversary on Sunday, I would share with the world the following-

- My top ten best players I have coached over the last 18 years
- My best ever men's/boys team of the last 18 years
- My best ever women's/girls team of the last 18 years.

My Top Ten of best players over my 18 years

1. Reece Laycock (Swanleigh) (WA)
2. Emily Matison (Newman) (WA)
3. Laura Murray (Newman) (WA)
4. Brooke Anderson (South East Sharks) (VIC)
5. Paige Hardy (South East Sharks) (VIC)
6. Tabby Hodges (South East Sharks) (VIC)
7. Alice Arnold (South East Sharks) (VIC)
8. Bella Pettit (Queenwood) (NSW)
9. Jess Brimble (Manly) (NSW)
10. Kim Dunkin (Manly) (NSW)

My Best Ever Men's/Boys Team of my 18 years

Forwards
Left Wing- Aaron Bennett (Swanleigh, WA)
Centre Forward- Brad Harrop (Swanleigh, WA)
Right Wing- Braden Bennett (Swanleigh, WA)

Inners
Left Inner- Robbie Elsom (Stirling Rangers, WA)
Right Inner- Tom Higgins (Stirling Rangers, WA)

Halves
Left Half- Ben Gorman (Swanleigh, WA)
Centre Half- Reece Laycock (Swanleigh, WA)
Right Half- Tom Mitchell (Stirling Rangers, WA)

Backs
Left Back- Rian Duncan (Swanleigh, WA)
Right Back- Cale Beard (Swanleigh, WA)
Goalie- Mitchell Chambers (Swanleigh, WA)

Subs/Rotation
1. Sam Looke (Swanleigh, WA)
2. Wayne Brooks (Swanleigh, WA)
3. Tony Plain (Swanleigh, WA)

My Best ever Women's/Girls Team of my 18 years

Forwards
Left Wing- Tiffany Crouch (Manly, NSW)
Centre Forward- Kim Dunkin (Manly, NSW)
Right Wing- Nat Johnson (ACT, State Team)

Inners
Left Inner- Kass Scarlett (Manly, NSW)
Right Inner- Emily Matison (Newman, WA)

Halves
Left Half- Jess Brimble (Manly, NSW)
Centre Half- Krista Morley (Manly, NSW)
Right Half- Brooke Anderson (South East Sharks, VIC)

Backs
Left Back- Paige Hardy (South East Sharks, VIC)
Right Back- Tabby Hodges (South East Sharks, VIC)
Goalie- Alice Arrnold (South East Sharks, VIC)

Subs/Rotation
1. Laura Murray (Newman, WA)
2. Monika Young (South East Sharks, VIC)
3. Charley Madigan (South East Sharks, VIC)

So there we are, these have been hard to pick, there are some many I could have included that I have left out.

Like I say its been a fantastic 18 year journey so far, but it know where near over there is so much more to achieve, so watch this space, and lets bring on the next 18 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment