Wednesday 5 April 2017

A New Distribution Offence for Hockey

For a long-time now, I have watched and picked up different ideas on tactics and strategy from other sports, and tried to see if they could be adapted into my sport of field hockey. One such idea was to create a new type of distribution offence based on the Great American Basketball Coach Tex Winter's offence, which is called the Tex Winter Offence.

I have spent many hours looking over books, articles, vids about this offence to see if there is away for it to adapted with adjustments into hockey, and I now think there is. I wanted to share with you my readers the first two set-ups for this new distribution offence that I have come up with so far, (see below)-



The concept of this offence is to spread the load amongst the forward and the midfield creating multiple options to score, and confusion in the defence. For every single pass and lead made in this offence there should be another three options to go with it where possible.

As I say this is the start of my development, and I would welcome comments and further ideas on this as I move it forward. I am yet to test it in a game, but do plan to begin working on it at training to see how it goes.

All comments welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment