Wednesday 5 April 2017

Coaching Game Skills Drill: Structured flow-through

I wanted to share a Game Skills Structured Flow-through Drill which I used with my girls tonight at training with everyone out there.

Now for some of you this may just look like a bunch of line's, and squiggles on a page, but it is actually a very effective GSD, for working on the following-

- 16 yard hits
- Transfer passes from one side of the field
- Leading and re-leading in different direction both on and off the ball
- Moving the ball fast in transition form defence to attack.

This is the base drill, which you can as the players get used to each add different elements and obstacles to it.



Its set up as a full field GSD, and you run it using both sides of the field from either end's sixteen.

As a Coach I am always using my white-board to come up with different GSD's like this one to use at training. If you would like a copy of this GSD with explanation then please leave a comment with how to get it to you and I will send you a copy.

I hope to bring more of these to you in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment