Friday 10 February 2017

Day 2: First full day in Busselton

Got a good night sleep last night, and woke up this morning to grey skies and rain, great start to my year coaching hockey in the South West of Western Australia, in fact I must confess when I woke up this morning I thought I was back in Melbourne.

So today was a day for looking around for a more permanent place to stay, but not with a great deal of luck, I walked about 30 minutes to the east of Busselton out to the suburb of Geographe to have a look at a Caravan and that was a bust. It just would not be suitable, I would get buffed around in winter if I staid there, add to the fact that the women made a comment which made me think she was far to nose and also made me think you know what I have a Mum and she lives in Mandurah, I dont need another one.

Anyway I just need to sit tight and keep looking something will eventually present itself at some point if I am patient and take my time. The down side of walking there and back though on top of my walk to indoor last night is I have in a very real sense possible worn myself out, but I plan to get a good nights sleep and see how I pull up tomorrow on that front.

Its a big day and big weekend here in Busselton with the annuel Jetty Swim so I will head to the Busselton foreshore and have a look at what is going on over the course of the weekend and get some photo's etc.

I also went and joined the local library today as well, which will give me a place to go to do my work etc.

Now I know that these early posts are lacking anything on the hockey front, but that is all about to change over the coming days and weeks as things start to heat up, in addition I will from time to time do special posts on hockey throughout the year as well which will be very much focussed on the sport I love.

Anyway depending on weather tomorrow night I am off to check out the Busselton Hockey Stadium and also watch a clinic they have down here tomorrow night hosted by ex Hockeyroo Madonna Blyth should be interesting, lets hope the weather is not to bad.

Anyway I will sine of on day 2 and look ahead to Day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment