Saturday 11 February 2017

Day 3: First hockey event to attend

Today mark the first hockey event to attend since coming down to Busselton to Coach hockey in 2017. Today I attended a clinic with former Hockeyroo Madonna Blyth and the Busselton Hockey Stadium.

Today started waking up to more cloudy skies but fortunately less rain, I got up had my shower next to some guy in the backpackers who obviously decided to have swim in the next shower, and also that he was a great singer, I must admit I nearly didn't need to turn on the water in my shower because I could have had a bath in the water from his show lol, but seriously he better not quit what ever he does during the day because he cant sing. Anyway had my shower got dressed then went out for a wander around town, and down the the foreshore to see the preparation going on for the Busselton Jetty Swim, and caught the end of the Half Marathon and Fun run they had, I think some local won it.

To be honest the walk was more to get my legs moving after my first two days of walking, and to stretch out. I do plan to go down to the Jetty tomorrow morning early to watch the swim and partake in the festivities. Mind you I think the swimmers competing have to be nuts with talk of a 3m swell which coming in will be fine, but on the way out I would imagine it will be a nightmare.

Anyway tonight was the first real hockey event since being down here and the first hockey event for 2017, I set off from the centre of town at about 3:30pm and walked out to the stadium, it was a nice walk, surprising it didn't feel as far as I thought it would be. I arrived out at Busselton Hockey Stadium at about 4:20pm, just in time to catch up with a couple of my future players before Madonna arrived for the clinic.

I briefly said hi to Madonna before she went out onto the turf, the kids seem to enjoy the clinic and she did give them some good advice and did some interesting drills with them, like always they hung off her every word. I can now see why Hale have asked her to be there Premier 1 Coach in 2017, I think she will be extremmely successful.

Some drinks, nibbles and a Q and A followed and she was surprising very candid, and offered allot of insight into how she got into hockey etc, but also into what she will be like as a Coach, it will be team first.

Anyway tomorrow will be a big day as I will head down and watch the Jetty Swim will need to be up early should be allot of fun, there looks like allot of other events on as well, plus I will drop in on the association sausage sizzle as well to say hi.

I have attached a few photo's from the day.

Bring on Day 4 and the rest of the 2017 hockey season, exciting times ahead.








No comments:

Post a Comment