Monday 13 February 2017

Day 5: Queen Mary 2 is in Town and I look at some Vintage Cars

Well up early this morning to yet another grey morning, overcast morning with a little bit of rain around. I was up early so that I could head down to the Busselton foreshore again to watch the Queen Mary 2 come in, it was due in at 8am, as it happened by the time I had got down there it was all ready just about in apart from a little bit of moving around before taking up anchor.

Anyway Busselton certain put on a little bit of a show for the passengers as they arrived, all though when only ten people got off the first ferry into the jetty I am sure they must have been having doubts as to whether they would get the crowds they had been hoping for. Anyway a brass band greeted them with various tunes, and then the passengers headed off on various tours, while I made my way into Town.

On my way back into town I stopped by the Vintage Car Club to have a look at some of the vintage cars that were there, then stopped in on the craft market.

After that I checked out the laundry on my way through town, will need to go there in the next couple of days to do some washing if the backpackers doesn't have one, will check that out tomorrow morning before doing it. I then headed across to the Library to do my hockey work, and further prep for the pre-season coming up, worked mainly on my training plans and selection process and laid out what needs to be covered in the pre-season to get everyone up to speed as far as we can with in reason.

Anyway tomorrow I plan to spend more time and the Library in addition to checking out some real estates to see if I can put my name down in the continued search for a more permanent venue.

To everyone out there I realise these early blogs seem boring, and they are in away, because this is the slow period really before it all cranks up from Saturday this week. Please stick with me, more of my hockey adventures will be coming very soon, starting with Beach Hockey on Saturday morning.

Bring on Day 6.









No comments:

Post a Comment