Thursday 16 February 2017

Day 8: One week today since arriving in Busselton on this journey

Well today marks exactly one week, since I arrived down here in Busselton to begin this Coaching journey in 2017.

So what has happened in the first week, well like I say only bits an pieces of hockey, I am still yet to really get into all though, I am doing all my prep work getting ready for autumn training to get under way next Wednesday, when everyone will report for the first official training run of the new team and the new year. I am going to be looking for fit, fast and 3 dimensional hockey players, the style of play is going to require allot of hard running up and back, and people who can think fast and think on there feet.

So today was again another day started off with doing my washing turns out the place I am staying at does have a washing machine, after that it was spent in the Library doing some more prep, where I will be tomorrow again once I clear away my morning commitments. Saturday I head up to Peppy Grove Beach to hold our first fun session of the year some beach hockey with the girls. As a coach I believe you need to throw little things in like this to break up the training and keep it fun and interesting.

You also do it to take the players out of there comfort zone a bit and get them to have fun and engage, because the season is long and with any team people can as time goes on get on each others nerves this helps to release that tension and keep every on track. A happy team is a successful team.

Anyway so what will Day 9 bring, well its look at more permanent venues, then a visiting to the early voting booth, followed by more time in Library, getting ready for both Saturday and the week ahead.

I will sign off now and talk more tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment